Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good source for species tulips?

Posted by lilydude sunset6/z8 (My Page) on
Thu, May 6, 10 at 17:07

Who would you buy species tulip bulbs from? I'm looking for maybe 12 bulbs each of many different species. I especially don't want bulbs with virus in them, since it will get into my lily collection. McClure and Zimmerman have lots of species, but they get iffy reviews on the Garden Watchdog website. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good source for species tulips?

You might try the link below. They have several different ones and a lot are sold in quantities of 10 bulbs. I believe they have a good reputation, but you might want to also check Watchdog.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: John Scheeper's Species tulips

o

Brent & Becky's has some too as does Old House Gardens. Both excellent sources.

o

I can vouch for John Scheepers. Good quality, prompt delivery. I've heard only good things about the other two mentioned above

o

I recommend Fire of Love if you are looking for recommendations - I grew them for the first time this year, they were very healthy and the striped leaves made them interesting for a long time. I believe mine came from Brent and Becky's.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here