Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tulips:

Posted by loneranger_grow (My Page) on
Sat, May 7, 11 at 17:42

My wife got some tulips in a pot for Easter. How do I handle them if I want to plant them in the ground> Cut off the green and plant the bulbs now. Or, wait until Fall? Thanks>

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tulips:

Whatever you do don't cut off the green. It's feeding the bulbs for next year. You don't say where you live so we can't tell you if tulips will get enough chill in the winter to come back for you. But you have nothing to lose by just planting the whole clump straight into your garden immediately in good soil in a sunny position. Then it's just a matter of waiting and seeing.

o

Thanks,,I live in Iowa, the tulips are sitting here near DesMoines- to be planted in Southern IA. Gues I'll just put in ground as you suggest...

o

I live in East Central FL and also received potted tulips.
Should I just take a chance on putting them in the ground?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here