Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should I Store Bulbs in Fridge or Apartment?

Posted by edlincoln 6A (My Page) on
Tue, May 28, 13 at 18:33

There was a sale on some interesting native bulbs, so purchased them with the idea I would plant them when I visit my parents for Father's Day.

My Questions are:
1.) Should I store them in the fridge or my (occasionally hot) apartment?
2.) Should I plant them Father's Day or wait until Fall?

The bulbs are Virginia Bluebells, Trout Lilly, Jack-in-the-Pulpit, white trillium, and purple trillium.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should I Store Bulbs in Fridge or Apartment?

Well, it's been days and no one has responded. I assume the reason is that the bulbs you list are not commonly grown. Still, the answer is to store them in a cool dark room, but not the refrigerator. You could put them under a bed in an air conditioned room if you don't have a basement.

All things considered, you may be disappointed because all of those plants are usually sold and planted in the fall. It is possible that your bulbs were leftovers from last fall's selling season. If so, they may not still be viable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here