Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Companions for Lycoris squamigera

Posted by vegangirl z6 VA (My Page) on
Tue, May 3, 11 at 18:58

What perennials will work to cover the bare space after the foliage has died back on Lycoris squamigera, and still allow the flower stems to come through? These are in full sun.
Thanks for any ideas!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Companions for Lycoris squamigera

Hardy geranium, candytuft, convolvulus, campanula. Trying to think of shorter ones without a solid mat root system.

o
RE: Companions for Lycoris squamigera

Iris_gal, Thanks for the info. I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. I had clicked to be notified of replies by email but I guess it didn't work!

I have several candytufts and a hardy geranium I need to move so that will work great. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here