Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What are these bulbs?

Posted by kmpeters 5 (My Page) on
Sun, May 16, 10 at 22:25

These things are growing in my new(er) yard and Google isn't helping me figure out what they are!

The leaves and flowers look closer to hyacinths than anything else, but the flowers aren't packed together like hyacinths, and the leaves are narrow like daffodils and even shorter. The whole thing, from bulb to flower, is about 16" I think. And as you can see, the bulbs are quite small. On top of that, they are only NOW blooming. (I pulled one up to see if they were bulbs or roots.)

Anyone know what these are?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What are these bulbs?

Wood Hyacinths maybe? but I am guessing

o
sorry

forgot link

Here is a link that might be useful: wood hycinth flower shot

o

They look like wood hyacinths to me too.

o

Yes, Hyacinthoides hispanicum, aka wood hyacinths or Spanish bluebells - they are as common as dirt around here and a bear to get rid of if not what or where you want.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here