Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bartjones_gw

watering dormant bulbs

bartjones
14 years ago

So last fall I planted some crocuses and daffodils in containers. I left them outside on the patio over the winter and in the spring they popped up and bloomed nicely. They are now done blooming and I left them in a sunny spot after they were done and watered them once a week. Now the foliage has all died back and turned brown. I'm hoping they will come back next spring but am wondering this. While they are dormant, do I need to give them any water? I know ranunculus bulbs don't like water while they are dormant. What about crocuses and daffodils?

Second question is the same but with respect to freesias which I planted in containers outside in the fall and brought indoors after we began to get close to frost time. They also bloomed wonderfully indoors from January to about April. I moved them outside again in late April, left them in a sunny spot and watered them about once a week. The foliage has now died and I'm hoping they will come back next fail. How often should I water them if at all?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County