Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
growing dwarf bulbs under cover

Posted by ortsa 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 5:58

Hello, i would like to grow some bulbs in pots in my alpine house. i have got an idea of the bulbs i want to grow but i have been having difficulty finding detailed cutural information on specific bulbs, particularly with how to treat bulbs while dormant. the websites and books i have read meerely say that Some bulbs need to be kept slightly moist but never detail which bulbs. what im looking for are websites or reference books which give that kind of detail. i know the way i want to grow the bulbs isnt common but there must be some material that relates to that method of growing, does anyone know of anything?
thanks for the help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: growing dwarf bulbs under cover

Checking online bulb by bulb generally provides the most detailed information as even different species of bulbs from the same genus can require different care. Be sure to search under correct botanical name..

One of the best online resources I have encountered, especially for uncommon bulbs, is the Pacific Bulb Society. Lots of great info on their website and they very generously respond to emails.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pacific Bulb Society

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here