Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lvmygrdn2

Sensual Touch Tulip

lvmygrdn2
12 years ago

I haven't posted forever. I'm looking at tulip bulbs to order. Does anyone have experience with Sensual Touch Tulip? If so, what did you think? What other tulip/bulb did you pair it with? I know it's a bit gaudy but I love orange. Thanks much!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sensual Touch Tulip

Comments (8)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    12 years ago

Hi lvmygrdn2,

I have no experience with it and think it is very pretty, but am turned off by it most probably not being one that will reliably return and bloom in springs to come. I'm not much for those that 'act' like annuals.

With that in mind, might you consider some Perennial Tulip Orange Queen?

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Perennial Tulip Orange Queen

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    12 years ago

I know this post is old and no one is likely looking but...
    I planted some last fall. The neighbor thought it was really neat but frankly I wasn't all that impressed. Honestly it looked a bit like a fake flower stuck in the ground! Plus the color bleached out a bit for me as the bloom matured- not pretty.
    CMK

• lvmygrdn2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

chemocurl..Love the Tulip Orange Queen! Oh my! I have ordered many different varieties to see what will work. Tulips tend not to come back for me other than the Darwin/Impression tulips so I plant knowing it may be a one shot deal. If they come back...all the better. :-) I only ordered 10 of the Sensual Touch to see what they will do. I'm placing an order with Brent and Beckys and I think they have Orange Queen. I have to have it!! Christinmk, thanks for your thoughts. I think I will change my order. It was an impulse buy. I'm so addicted. ha ha.

• hazelbgood
    12 years ago

I saw what I think is Sensual Touch at Blythwolde Gardens in Rhode Island this spring. It was underplanted with forget me nots- and what a combination that was! Makes all the difference. Granted, it's a little over the top, but if it makes your heart sing (and it did mine)-then it's good. And I'd be willing to accept it as an annual.

• lvmygrdn2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Hazel for your thoughts. I love under planting with smaller bulbs or plants. I bet the blue in the Forget-Me-Nots made Sensual Touch pop. Every year I say I am not going to plant more bulbs especially tulips but I do. I love spring and I think I love the challenge of keeping the critters away. If they make it and bloom it's like winning the lottery for me. :-) What a hot week it has been. I'm looking forward to fall and receiving my bulb orders. Do you have favorites?

• jsfp3377
    12 years ago

I actually forced some of these last winter. They did very well as a bulb for indoor forcing. I would plant them again...but then again I have a recent obsession with Orange flowers! I have some really good pictures if anyone wants to see what how they did indoors.

• lvmygrdn2
    Original Author
    12 years ago

jlb326, I would love to see your photos. Thank you!

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    12 years ago

I too would love to see them. Pics please!

Sue