Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone help me track down this Tulip??

Posted by christinmk z5b WA (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 10, 09 at 14:15

Hi guys! I was hoping one of you knows where I might find this particular Tulip. I bought it three or more years ago from Brecks. I would really like to buy more of them, but it seems Brecks do not carry it anymore.

The name on the tag is 'Evergreen Tulip' Tulip virdflora (I am thinking they mean virdiflora??). I am not sure if they mean 'Evergreen' is the cultivar or just a name they attached to T. virdiflora to make it sound interesting.
The petals are a real green color!

I have searched for it on other sites with no luck. Several sites mention them, but when I hit 'order' it just takes me back to Breck's page on it, which is not there anymore because they do not sell it now! Here is a link to one of the sites....

Anyone know where, or even IF, I can find this particular Tulip?
Thank you so much!
CMK

Here is a link that might be useful: the Tulip in question...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone help me track down this Tulip??

The greenest tulip I've found is deirdre a virdiflora, they have it at Bluestone Perennials, sorry I haven't come across your Evergreen tulip, I'm looking for green flowers too.

MARY

Here is a link that might be useful: deirdre

o
RE: Can anyone help me track down this Tulip??

Here is a link to what you are looking for:

http://www.tulipworld.com/unique-tulips/spring-green-viridiflora-tulips.html

Here is a link that might be useful: green tulip

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here