Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Too late to plant peacock orchid bulbs?

Posted by CJ-Speciosa 7a (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 15:19

I just found these that I had gotten as a sample in March. Can I plant them now?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Too late to plant peacock orchid bulbs?

Sure plant them right away. They take a long time to bloom and you may run out of season, but they won't be any good next year, so get them in the ground as soon as possible. Al

o

Those bulbs don't last longer then one year?

o

It's not too late to plant; I potted mine up last year beginning of June and they bloomed later in Aug. Your season is a lot longer than mine so you should have no problem. And yes these are easy to save year to year.

o

Okay....so then the bulbs I have will be okay to plant next year?

As much as I'd like to plant them now, I'd rather be able to enjoy them all summer then just a couple weeks in september. September depresses me because the season is over....lol

o

No. You have to plant them this year. They won't hold over to next year.

Even when planted in spring, these are a late flowering plant. They won't bloom all summer.

o

Mine are blooming right now! As are my other glads.

However I planted some glads this time two years ago and they bloomed in August.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here