Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some random bulb pics (several) from today

Posted by bluebonsai101 6a PA (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 14, 10 at 18:45

I decided to take pics today before work as some of the plants were looking pretty good so thought I'd share.

Drimiopsis maculata:
Drimiopsis maculata

Drimiopsis sp.
Drimiopsis sp.

Drimopsis sp.
Drimiopsis sp.

Ledebouria confusa
Ledebouria confusa

Ledebouria zebrina
Ledebouria zebrina

Ledebouria zebrina flower
Ledebouria zebrina

Boophane sp. 'Port Elizabeth'
Boophane sp. 'Port Elizabeth'

Haemanthus humilis ssp. hirsutis (not a particularly hairy form though)
Haemanthus humilis ssp. hirsutis

I still need to download a few more, but those will have to wait. Hope you like them :o) Dan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some random bulb pics (several) from today

OK, one more of my favorites :o) Dan

Ledebouria floribunda:
Ledebouria floribunda

o

• Posted by izhar Karachi, Pakistan/ 1 (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 15, 10 at 1:21

WOW...they are artificial.. arent they??.... you have such a great collection... how come you get each of them to bloom? your photography is classic too... treat to watch... thanks for sharing..

Izhar

o

Mmmm. Love Ledebouria! If I was feeling slightly brave I'd scamper out and see if the Haemanthus is furry or not.

Most of all - I delight in that Boophane! Definitely architectural.

bluebonsai - did you notice the post on Ungeria? I know your addiction tends toward S African bulbs (or nearby) but ...

Meantime - thanks for the vicarious pleasure and the rush of 'Gotta Have!'. Deeply enjoyed.

o

Great pics of some cool unique plants. Thanks for sharing.

Sue

o

Izhar, the nice thing about Ledebouria, Drimia, Drimiopsis is that they are so easy to bloom even in the house often times so if you can find some I'm sure you would have no problem at all growing them and flowering them in large numbers!!

vetivert, I always think of the Boophane as architectural so it is nice to see others think the same way!! I'm afraid that I am unfamiliar with Ungeria so did not comment on that post, but is is an interesting new plant I had not heard of.

Glad you liked them Sue :o) Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here