Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How long till I can cut daff and tulip yellow leaves?

Posted by kentstar 5b NE Ohio (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 1, 09 at 19:14

My daffs and tulips leaves are starting to yellow some. A lot of them are still pretty darn green though! How long does it usually take till you can cut off the yellowed leaves? Can I cut them as soon as they are yellowed all the way, or should I wait? Here's a pic of some of the leaves on my tulips (Pay NO ATTENTION to the virused rose in the foreground lolol, that was a "new bareroot" from Dutch Gardens). The leaves are even more brown now as this was a week ago.

Rose Mosaic Virus on Maria Stern Rose

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How long till I can cut daff and tulip yellow leaves?

From the American Daffodil Society at the link below:
(Daffodils replenish their bulb for about six weeks after they bloom. The bulbs should be watered for about this long after blooming. The leaves should not be cut off or blocked from sun until they start to lose their green and turn yellow. This signifies the completion of the bulb rebuilding process.)

Your tulip foliage looks like it can be cut off now.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: ADS-Daffodils Not Blooming?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here