Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tulips?

Posted by gmom2-6boys mi z4-5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 1, 09 at 21:50

I have tulips that had no blooms this year. What can I do to have them bloom next year? Some friends say to toss them out. But I'm cheep and would like to keep them if there is a way to get them to bloom like last year.
Thanks for any advice.
gmom2-6boys

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tulips?

Most tulips do not reliably bloom from one year to the next as so many other spring bulbs do.
Some varieties are a lot more perennial though than others, and will be much more likely to bloom more than one season and even multiply. Most tulips are best treated as annuals, or else you will see several years of just foliage and then maybe a few blooms.

Below is a link that explains perennial tulips, and it has a link that lists several perennial varieties.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Why Perennial Tulips are Better Search Leads to Bulbs With Reliable Repeat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here