Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
willing to buy ranunculus 'bulbs'!

Posted by jardin_de_maria (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 24, 10 at 0:24

I would love to try growing this amazing flower. I can't find a reputable seller on ebay and the websites that have a good reputation will not ship to where I live (Guam, USA). Does anyone have some tubers they're willing to sell to me? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: willing to buy ranunculus 'bulbs'!

I'm curious...do your local plant supply stores not carry them? If you want to grow some in pots - look for/ask for 'Bloomingdale hybrids'. They are very double and look deliciously exotic!

They're suitable for zones 9-10 so you should be able to grow them with a bit of temperature management. (Ice cubes on the soil??)

BTW - check with your local stores - you might just be too early in asking. Try again in August and toward September.

Another off-beat possible is to ask on the Hawaiian Forum - although they are further north of the Equator than you are.

Good luck with your search.

o
RE: willing to buy ranunculus 'bulbs'!

Hmm. Maybe it is too early. We have a Home Depot here and I always come across others online who bought their bulbs there. I hope they do have it, they are amazing plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here