Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glads

Posted by dunca 7B BC (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 24, 10 at 11:33

My 6 year old, 100 or so, glads all came up pink/yellow/white combo this year. In the past they have been a variety of reds+whites+yellow+red and blends of the previous. Do they normaly revert to the same colour? The PH of the soil hasn't changed and I do lift them each autum.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glads

It sounds like the most vigorous colors are growing at the expense of the weaker ones. It's probable that the reds rotted, and only the lighter colors are surviving. The corms themselves do not change color.

It must be truly spectacular in your garden when they bloom.

Renee

o

All of my glads return an orange color, regardless of what color they were. Al

o

I didn't realize there could be such a difference in vigor.
A pastel yellow, established in a garden new to me, would not be eradicated! Each corm produced 30-50 babies! Unreal. No wonder I couldn't eliminate it until the top 6 inches of soil was removed.

I planted Wine & Roses --- few babies but very reliable. I have also had others and they remain true. One very special color did die out. A neighbor has a great amethyst purple I've admired for 8 years+. No other color and it has only doubled - slow increaser.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here