Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pieheart

what might this one be?

pieheart
14 years ago

I'm afraid I don't have any pictures, but maybe someone will recognize this description.

A tall allium-like (globe) flower, in white or purple. Individual flowers are larger than an ornamental allium, and they are further apart. The whole globe-like cluster is larger than a softball. After the blooms die the seedpod is about an inch and a half long, less than half an inch wide, kind of rectangular. The entire plant was about three feet tall.

I was told this was called Queen of the Nile, but when I googled I found that QOTN is a water lily. This flower was in a flowerbed with rudbeckia, coreopsis, etc. Full sun.

I'm afraid I didn't see the foliage, the bed is very cluttered and full and the foliage was buried under all the other flowers. It was interesting to see the flowerhead on the stem a foot above all the other flowers, like a periscope.

Any thoughts on what this might be? Or at least any ideas on what else I can google to try and find it? I tried "ornamental allium" but I can't think of any other keywords to use that might point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer