Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ken_n_ga_mts

gladiolus bulb moving

ken-n.ga.mts
14 years ago

I just bought this home in NE GA (Cornelia) last September. The previous owner past away a couple of years ago. Due to legal maters the house set for three years. There is a large bulb garden planted around a large sycamore tree in the front yard. total neglet for 3+ yrs. Spent last fall cleaning up the yard and the bulb garden. This spring the bulbs started popping up. Almost everything was in a spacific area. Looked great. Then the glads started to pop up, EVERYWHERE. Most where I would like, but there are a bunch scattered all over the garden. My question is, now that they are finished blooming, can I cut the foliage, dig up the corns and move the wayward ones to a central location where they can put on a great show next year. They are all the same color so a mass planting would look great. I have no idea how they got scattered like they did. I just don't want to hurt the bulbs if I dig them up during the next couple of weeks. I always had glads in SE FL, but they were where I wanted them. Never had to move them.

Comments (4)