Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gladiolus Question - Late Planting

Posted by jeannettemae77 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 13, 09 at 18:01

I had my first ever experience with Glad's this season. I have some that have bloomed already and some still in bloom. Well, this weekend I saw some 50% off so I picked up a few packs of them but I'm curious what I should do with them. I'm sure it is too late to plant them and hope for blooms but would it be better to plant them now and hope for blooms next season or store them until next Spring and plant them then? I'm in the middle TN area so we don't get really cold till around November here and from the research I've done I'm far enough south to avoid having to dig the corms up every year for wintering.

Any and all advice wanted please :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gladiolus Question - Late Planting

It would be best to plant them now. I imagine they may even bloom for you this season.

The site linked below has an article from North Dakota State University and it states they can be planted until mid June there in ND.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Giddy over Gladiolus

o

Figure 90 days from planting till bloom. If you plant now they should have time to bloom, baring an early winter. Al

o

I'm going to put my Blue Moon mix in, I planted half my bag back in June and just found the other half of the bag that I was supposed to put in two weeks later! I guess I'll be doing some planting this weekend!!! Hope it works, I'm in 8b/9 Houston area, and it's been a fairly mild summer, thankfully. We'll see how it works!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here