Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quail in the south

Posted by cynthianovak 7/8 TX (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 24, 09 at 0:20

HI all.

I believe it was Nell who mentioned the daff Quail in the past. I planted 100 last year and they put on the longest show of any spring bulb. Anyone know if they return well in the south? I'll definitely get more this year, just curious about last year's crop returning.

thank you
cynthia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quail in the south

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 24, 09 at 16:08

Coincidently I just bookmarked this variety for further investigation in my book Garden Bulbs for the South (Scott Ogden). He really likes it (if that answers your original question). Can you tell me when yours bloomed and how long it took for the leaves to disappear? Are they the thinner leaves of a Jonquil (since this is a hybrid Jonquil)? I have a few large flowered Dafs and those leaves hanging around ripening forever really leaves me cold.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here