Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help identifying this (I think) Lilies? And Amaryllis seed pod?

Posted by JapanManiaz none (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 3, 13 at 1:02

I have this in my garden for a long time now. It looked like a lily, comes from a bulb (I just cut some excess since the pot was crowded with three already), but I don't know what it really is.

I live in Indonesia. There's not much change in the weather pattern and the temperature is about 28-32. The flower bloomed every 2-5 months.

On another note, I managed to get my Amaryllis to seed, but I'm not sure how to take care of it? When it opened, inside was some thin, black, paper-like sheets. Do I just bury it in some soil and hope for the best??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help identifying this (I think) Lilies? And Amaryllis seed po

Very pretty! That could be some sort of crinum. Is the foliage a rosette?

The hippeastrum/amaryllis forum has an excellent FAQ that gives good directions on the "float" method for hippeastrum seeds. And given your climate, just direct planting would probably be fine. Cover very lightly and keep moist - they take around a month to sprout.

o

I agree that it looks like a crinum. A picture of the entire plant and/or the foliage would be helpful. It is stunning. I would love to get my hands on a reblooming, pure white crinum. You have a treasure.

o

mmm, I wondered if it was an amaryllis belladonna. What is the bulbs like?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here