Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phylrae

Need ideas: Pink/Burgundy/Blue garden-perennial bulbs

phylrae
13 years ago

I'd like to tuck in some interesting PERENNIAL (z. 5a) bulbs that will bloom in different true (not purply pinks) pinks & burgundies & maybe some true blues in my front half-sun, half-shade (it's mostly dappled sun) perennial bed (which will consist of heucheras, alchemilla mollis (lady's mantle), geranium Rozanne, weigela My Monet (green, white, pink overtones)...persicaria Red Dragon, Lobelia Monet Moment, spirea Dart's Red, sedum Purple Emperor, long-established echinacea Doppleganger and maybe some pink lamium. (The sedum, lobelia & spirea will be in the sunniest parts) I am taking out a few daylilies that are orangey/red. Thing is, I don't want ugly foliage that persists or takes up too much space, and I don't want to have to lift bulbs. Any recommendations?

I was looking at John Scheepers multi-flowering hyacinths, but don't know what they mean by hardy to zone 4....does that mean they will return reliably? I was thinking of allium spaerocephalon & lilium speciosum rubrum/alba in the back (4' tall). Any other ideas? Thanks so much!

:0) Phyl

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area