Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pineapple lily

Posted by gumneck 7A (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 24, 13 at 14:04

Hello

I have a couple of pineapple lily, both very floppy. I thought it was something I was doing then I noticed the ones at the local botanical garden flopping as well. Is this the result of the rainy summer we have had or just the way they grow? The flowers on mine flopped all the way down. They are in a flower bed that has gotten fertilizer a couple of times.
These are at the botanical garden
 photo DSC_0366.jpg
 photo DSC_0359.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pineapple lily

The flower is too heavy for the stem. Flopping over is the norm no matter what the growing conditions. Al

o
RE: Pineapple lily

Thanks for replying. They sure are pretty. I guess if you mass them like they are at the botanical garden they look good even when floppy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here