Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cutting bloom stems of Naked Ladies?

Posted by beth_b_kodiak zone 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 24, 13 at 17:03

The flowers have faded and the stalks look awful. How soon can I cut them and how short?
Thanks, also, I'm willing to trade off some of the bulbs whenever it is OK to dig them. They are in a bad spot right now.
bethb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cutting bloom stems of Naked Ladies?

No harm is done by removing spent bloom stems. You can move them now if you want, but they may not bloom again for several years, they don;t like being moved. I am assuming you are talking about Amaryllis belladonna. They will bloom best in full sun. Al

o

Thanks Al, advice appreciated. These are located in an area that we need for driveway and parking so they need to move. I just wanted to give them the best chance of survival. I believe these are Lycoris. The pinkish lavendar, is that L squameriana (?sp) My zone is misleading as these are in MO and the zone is 5a.
Thanks again.

o

What are you interested in trading for?

o

Johnson, Tried to reply but email came back.
I'm interested in any blooming perennial or shrub for zone5

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here