Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irish_rose_grower

Yipppeeee- Costco tulip bulbs have arrived

irish_rose_grower
17 years ago

I've just been to Costco today and they have arrived. I got 6 bags of 50 tulips each. 100 of two varieties and 50 of another. I would have gotten another bag of 50 but the display was up against another display and I couldn't get to it. They must have just gotten them in.

For anyone who hasn't tried their tulips bulbs - they are awesome. And 50 of them cost 8.67, an excellent price.

Maureen

Comments (12)

• alina_1
    17 years ago

Does anyone remember when Costco cell lily bulbs?
    Maureen, I agree, excellent price and quality. They also have daffodils, irises and other spring bulbs.

• ego45
    17 years ago

Costco sells lilies in a fall and in a spring.
    Lilies usually come to the shelves in mid-late October, because they are not harvested till September.
    Whatever you'll see in September would be a last year leftovers.

• alina_1
    17 years ago

Thanks, Ego45!

• mac_girl_81
    17 years ago

oh well, costco online advertised $47 for 150..:(((( i want to buy some too

• alina_1
    17 years ago

>oh well, costco online advertised $47 for 150..:(((( i want to buy some too

Their in-store prices are better than on-line ones. Besides mentioned above $8.67 bags they have 100 tulip and 75 daffodil bulbs for less than $12 now.

• mac_girl_81
    17 years ago

we don't have costco that sells plants here :(

• highalttransplant
    17 years ago

We don't even have a Costco, LOL! Considering the price of gas, I don't think the 3 1/2 hour drive to Denver would be worth it :)

• ego45
    17 years ago

Those 75 daffs/$12 are very small bulbs.
    Wait intill mesh bags of 100/$15-17 arrive. Those usually of good size and quality.

• cynthianovak
    17 years ago

I snapped up a mesh bag of 100 red Darwin Hybrid tulips at Sam's last week. They also had daffs. They were gone when I went today. I guess the word is out.
    cynthia

• alina_1
    17 years ago

Just in case anyone's interested in:
    I bought huge 14+cm Darwin hybrid and Single Late tulip bulbs (so-called 'perennial tulips') at local Home Depot today. The price is $5.97 for 8 bulbs. The bulbs look firm and healthy . All other tulips are 11-12cm there.

• patwood
    17 years ago

Johnny's Seeds has a small selection of 14cm tulips starting at $6.25 for 10 and going down from there for greater quantities. I bought some 14cm Pink Impressions from them last year and the blooms were enormous.

The Costco Tulip bulbs are all 12cm+, and all the ones I've bought so far have been quite healthy, just as nice as the ones from Van Engelen, B&B's, and other quality mail order houses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Johnny's Seeds bulbs

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    17 years ago

Just wanted to mention that Costco got more bulbs in. Today I bought 20 Hyacinth (10 Blue Jacket, 10 City of Haarlem) for $8.79; 50 Tulips (25 Creme Upstar and 25 Mount Tacoma) for $8.79; and 50 Tulip Silverstream for $8.79. There were a lot of other kinds of tulips and lots of other bulbs.

Now I just have to find time to plant them, the 200+ bulbs I already bought from local places and the 300+ bulbs that Scheeper's is shipping to me next week... :o)

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm