Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yipppeeee- Costco tulip bulbs have arrived

Posted by irish_rose_grower z7 LI NY (maureenpm00@hotmail.com) on
Sun, Aug 20, 06 at 20:08

I've just been to Costco today and they have arrived. I got 6 bags of 50 tulips each. 100 of two varieties and 50 of another. I would have gotten another bag of 50 but the display was up against another display and I couldn't get to it. They must have just gotten them in.

For anyone who hasn't tried their tulips bulbs - they are awesome. And 50 of them cost 8.67, an excellent price.

Maureen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yipppeeee- Costco tulip bulbs have arrived

Does anyone remember when Costco cell lily bulbs?
Maureen, I agree, excellent price and quality. They also have daffodils, irises and other spring bulbs.

o

Costco sells lilies in a fall and in a spring.
Lilies usually come to the shelves in mid-late October, because they are not harvested till September.
Whatever you'll see in September would be a last year leftovers.

o

Thanks, Ego45!

o

oh well, costco online advertised $47 for 150..:(((( i want to buy some too

o

>oh well, costco online advertised $47 for 150..:(((( i want to buy some too

Their in-store prices are better than on-line ones. Besides mentioned above $8.67 bags they have 100 tulip and 75 daffodil bulbs for less than $12 now.

o

we don't have costco that sells plants here :(

o

We don't even have a Costco, LOL! Considering the price of gas, I don't think the 3 1/2 hour drive to Denver would be worth it :)

o

Those 75 daffs/$12 are very small bulbs.
Wait intill mesh bags of 100/$15-17 arrive. Those usually of good size and quality.

o

I snapped up a mesh bag of 100 red Darwin Hybrid tulips at Sam's last week. They also had daffs. They were gone when I went today. I guess the word is out.
cynthia

o

Just in case anyone's interested in:
I bought huge 14+cm Darwin hybrid and Single Late tulip bulbs (so-called 'perennial tulips') at local Home Depot today. The price is $5.97 for 8 bulbs. The bulbs look firm and healthy . All other tulips are 11-12cm there.

o

Johnny's Seeds has a small selection of 14cm tulips starting at $6.25 for 10 and going down from there for greater quantities. I bought some 14cm Pink Impressions from them last year and the blooms were enormous.

The Costco Tulip bulbs are all 12cm+, and all the ones I've bought so far have been quite healthy, just as nice as the ones from Van Engelen, B&B's, and other quality mail order houses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Johnny's Seeds bulbs

o

Just wanted to mention that Costco got more bulbs in. Today I bought 20 Hyacinth (10 Blue Jacket, 10 City of Haarlem) for $8.79; 50 Tulips (25 Creme Upstar and 25 Mount Tacoma) for $8.79; and 50 Tulip Silverstream for $8.79. There were a lot of other kinds of tulips and lots of other bulbs.

Now I just have to find time to plant them, the 200+ bulbs I already bought from local places and the 300+ bulbs that Scheeper's is shipping to me next week... :o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here