Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
superpony123

When to plant daffodil bulbs?

superpony123
14 years ago

I live in NJ. I have about 180 daffodil bulbs I've ordered, and now I need to know when to plant :D Oh boy! (140 dutch masters, and 40 various pink ones)

The packaging is fairly vague. It suggests that for the northern chunk of the US, plant before freezing anytime between sept-nov. *scratch head* well, I think we usually start getting frosts in october. But, it seems like riiight up until frost, it can be roasting too! We've got some daffs that were already here when we bought this house (eons ago..) but we've never really planted any on our own. I just feel like if I planted these in the next week or two, the heat might ruin them? Am I wrong in thinking this? When should I plant these? Lately, our temperatures change weekly. It seems to be anywhere from 70-95!

I'm trying to get these "out of the way" I guess you could say (as in, i'm hoping to plant these ASAP because I've got about 200 tulip bulbs to plant later as well as iris, hyacinth, and others. I know--i'm super excited for NEXT spring, but not terribly excited about digging the hundreds of holes ;D)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
St. Mary's Trusted Landscape Construction & Maintenance