Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Naked Lady Bulbs

Posted by gardenman50 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 27, 09 at 9:15

Hi all. Thought I would pick your brains about planting depth for naked lady bulbs. There seems to be some contradictory info out there about how deep they should be planted. I see some people planting them so that their shoulders are exposed above ground and others saying that they should be planted 6 inches deep. I also see info out on the web saying that if planted too deep they will never flower. Any advice since I planted mine about 6 inches deep as the info that came with the bulbs said to do??? Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Naked Lady Bulbs

Hi gardenman50,

Another member just asked about this recently, and the consensus of the members here is that they like to be planted shallowly, with their shoulders at, or just below the soil line.

I am assuming this would be right for your area. You might want to add your garden zone and location, to your member profile so it will automatically be shown when you post with questions or answers. Just go to the Member Pages link found in the green banner at the bottom of any page. The zone and location go in the one box provided for garden zone. See I am zone 5/6 S IN

Sue...chemocurl

Here is a link that might be useful: Will Lycoris grow from purchased, packaged bulbs?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here