Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toronado3800

'Glory of the Snow' Chionodoxa luciliae

Hello, just wandering over from the trees and conifers forums in need of some advice.

The Arbor Day Foundation has offered to send me 5 Purple Prince Tulips, 15 Ruby Giant Crocus and 15 Glory of the Snow bulbs in exchange for a $10 donation to their Tree City USA program.

As I have a new flower bed with some lighter foliaged Tiger Eyes Sumac and soon a Gold Rush Dawn Redwood this seems like a pretty good deal to get some spring contrast going for the next few years.

My wife is familiar with Crocus, I grow Tulips all over the place but I couldn't find much detailed information on this Glory of the Snow bulb. The bed in general gets sun from about 9 to 6. The soil seems deep enough and even though I have clay under it, being in the middle of a 800 foot long gentle hill it drains well.

Does Glory of the Snow have any odd PH or sun requirements or need poor soil? I have spots like that. Wikipedia says its a native of Turkey and someplace else says it naturalizes well by seed. Does that mean it's invasive and will take over my naturalized area a hundred feet away or just I'll get a couple new ones?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville