Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Home Depot has bulbs!

Posted by goddessemer6 z9a NV (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 17, 06 at 14:57

I just went to HD today and as I was looking around I saw a ton of new bulbs in of daffodiles, tulips, ranculous, freesias,hyacinths and crocus! All packages were $6.97 for (how ever many bulbs). I got one pack each of mixed Hyacinths(8), Mount Hood Daffodiles (15), Darwin Hybrid Tulips (40), and Queen of Night Tulip (18). So for $30 I got 81 bulbs, I can't wait to plant them all!!!

~Rose

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Home Depot has bulbs!

Great! Isn't it exciting when they come out? Only 81 bulbs to plant?! I'll bet you'll buy more!
Menard's and Lowe's have theirs out too. I found lots of unusual daffodils at Menard's; very good prices too. Some of these were sold out on websites, so I was happy to find them.

o

hmmmmmmm 81 bulbs? I don't need any more stuff. Wife says the garden is too big now. Well I don't have to mow very much grass that way. last time I bought bulbs I got 450. I think I can sneak a few past the wife. Seems the garden gets bigger all by itslef I tell her. I bet she knows for real. I prefer LOWES. And I didn't see any LILIES on your list. NO LILIES???? You should be ashamed.

o

I should be ashamed, your right it's a pitiful selection when I have 400 sq ft of grass to fill up! I better go check out Lowes booty today...LOL...darn enablers!

~Rose

o

Lowe's might not have their lilies out yet. A week or so ago they only had tulips, daffodils, etc. Last year I know it was later in the fall (October?) when the lilies turned up. I bought loads of named varieties and saved a bundle.

o

FRESH lily physically can't be in a stores right now, because they harvested in late September.
Add grading + packing + shipping time and you'll be in mid-late October at best.
Small domestic growers could ship individual orders earlier since their logistics are different than those of the large houses shipping from Holland, but I doubt if they supply big-box stores.
Whatever you see before end of October is from the last year crop and freshness could be [very] questionable.

o

No lillies at HD or Lowes...no biggie! Next month is my b-day hubby will be sure to be told what to buy...LOL...In the mean time I was sorting through the bulbs and I got 83 bulbs instead of 81, both the tulip bags had an extra bulb! Which is just as well since about 8 of the 40 bulbs in the mix bag of dawin hybrid tulips looked suspiciously unhealthy...I planted a bunch of mystery colored iris too, can't wait til next spring to see what blooms in what colors!!!

~Rose

o

i paid $8.95 for 40 Bulbs!! at HD as well:) but i bought more than 200 bulbs though from hyacinth to tulips to daffodils

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here