Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Planting lily bulbs

Posted by finchelover 5b-6 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 25, 09 at 21:16

Expecting lily bulbs in few days and we are having rain, I was told to plant bulbs as soon as you get them now how or what do I do with the lily bulbs till ground dries up?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Planting lily bulbs

Lilies should be planted as soon as possible. Do not allow the bulbs to dry up or get moldy or mushy.
I would plant them once the rain has stopped and the ground not soggy.

o

Plant into a generous hole and mix a bucketsworth of very well rotted compost/manure with the soil before filling in.

Mark the spot so you don't skewer your treasures later. (It happens...)

You can overplant with spring annuals but make it possible to mulch again in spring when the soil has warmed up. They LOVE being fed well.

o

Pot them up temporarily.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here