Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
valtorrez

Found Bulbs- Will they grow?

valtorrez
14 years ago

While doing some yard work today on a home I purchased 1 year ago. I dug up approx 30 iris bulbs (I believe they are Iris bulbs because the section I got them from have a bunch of sword like foliage that I believe are Iris plants). Some of the bulbs already had some roots come out of them. The area that I was working in has some stong, erect folliage but I do not remember it flowering possibly due to not getting enough sun or I saw the rhizomes out of the dirt. I don't know when these were planted but I placed garden soil/compost over the already erect iris and took the bulbs, I found, and placed them in a roll behind my tiger daylilies that do not bloom until July to see if these bulbs will come about. The bulbs were not mushy or soft. I placed them in the rows about 4 inches apart with compost and gadern soil. What is the chances that they will root? Also, in the area that I stated I saw other iris, i saw folliage that was pushing through the dirt in that area. This folliage was not there several weeks ago. What could be going on?

Comments (3)