Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Caladium

Posted by flower_addict88 7A NC (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 19, 09 at 1:13

I pulled up my caladium for the season yesterday. I can't remember the variety they are. I bought them at Lowe's as bulbs when they were at a discount price. They were eight poor looking bulbs. When I dug them up I ended up with 20 bulbs!!! All are a good size except for 4 small ones that were sending up small shoots.

I have a question...the variety I bought was green and pink. Is there any way to get them to have more pink on the leaves? Some of mine had more while others were almost all green.

Danielle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Caladium

Hi flower_addict88,

I found this info from the link below.
"about color
- If bulbs are planted in deep shade, the green color
of the caladiums will tend to dominate
-If planted in highly acidic soil, the darker colors will
dominate
- Miracle Gro can cause color variations - use
carefully
- Several varieties change color as they mature -
please be patient "

The link below has a lot of other good info too, including winter storage.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Planting Information

o
RE: Caladium

I would try brighter light first, then a fertilizer higher in potash. Sometimes more magnesium (epsom salts) helps, too! Good luck! : )

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here