Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tulipa virid. Spring Green with Dicentra?

Posted by linaria 7 Switzerland (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 13, 13 at 9:38

Hi there,
I am pondering a new perennial border. From February till May I should have bulbs flowering.

I am just not sure whether Tulipa viridiflora Spring Green should flower at the same time as plain Dicenthra spectailis.
So far I grew both, never next to each other and just didn`t take notes properly, dang...
Anyone ever had those combined? The color combination should be lovely.

Well, thanks a lot, bye, Lin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tulipa virid. Spring Green with Dicentra?

Tulipa viridiflora is listed as late flowering so it's quite possible they may bloom at the same time. The soft color of the tulip should blend with just about any color.

I recently learned that Dicentra spectabilis has been changed to Lamprocapnos spectabilis. I hope I can remember it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lamprocapnos

o

Hi carol,
Thanks a lot.

Do you happen to have a source for those current renamings or do you just pick them up by chance. Keeps you on your toes with those new names, doesn't it.

Bye, lin

o

Hello Lin,
I just found it by accident when I searched for Dicentra. It's tough to see all these name changes.

Carol

o

I have grown both Spring Green (white with green) and Greenland (pink with green) tulips and found that Greenland was much longer lasting and more vigorous than Spring Green. Can't say if either of them will bloom with the bleeding heart or not. I was actually somewhat disappointed with my Spring Green tulips.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here