Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

For FAQ-Daffodil sources you have purchased from

There are numerous sources for daffodils, which range from very reasonable priced mixed bags, or individual varieties bought locally from big box stores or local nurseries,

to General Bulb Merchants which is an individual or company that sells bulbs grown by others,

to Specialty Growers which is an individual or company that grows what it sells.

In the past, where have you purchased daffodils from?

Please note whether or not you were pleased.

I'll start

Long ago, before this daffodil addiction started I purchased daffodils in both mixed bags and bags of individual varieties (cultivars) from the big box stores. They were always fine bulbs, especially considering the amount paid for them.

I have ordered from Brent and Becky's, which is a general bulb merchant and have always been very pleased with the bulbs I got from them. Here is a link to their 2010 daffs available now. Brent and Becky's Bulbs

This year I ordered for the first time from Professional Horticultural Services (PHS) in St Louis, MO. The order has arrived and I am very pleased with the size and health of the bulbs. They don't have a web site, so one can only purchase from them if they email them for a list of available bulbs and prices. They don't accept International orders and require a minimum order of $35 per address. Their prices range from just $2.50 to $17.50 per bulb. Though the price was 'per bulb' many cultivars had 2, 3 or even 4 bulbs of the cultivar. I ordered 16 cultivars and he included 6 cultivars as bonuses. I will for sure be ordering from him in the years to come.

Once I receive my order from Dave Burdick-Daffodils and More (Specialty Grower) I'll report on that.

Next....Please share your experiences with different daffodil sources. There will be other threads covering sources for other bulbs.

Sue

Comments (5)