Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

FAQ outline on Google Document for Daffodils

Members should be able to view the Outline I have put together so far via the link below.

Please see if the link works and let me know what you think of it so far and make suggestions. What do you think of the order of the questions?

What else should be addressed for daffodils that are planted in the ground?

Here is a link that might be useful: FAQ Daffodil-outline

Comments (4)

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

I think it's excellent. You may also want to list which ones do well in different zones. I believe only the Tazettas return in most Southern California gardens, for instance, and can people grow daffs in Florida?
    Renee

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You may also want to list which ones do well in different zones. I believe only the Tazettas return in most Southern California gardens, for instance, and can people grow daffs in Florida?

Good Idea...for now have added

"3-A-Daffodils for Southern Gardens and parts of California(zones 9-11)"

can/will list various Div 8 (Tazettas) available from B and B and list the garden zones for them.

Aspacia-zones 5-9
    Avalanche-zones 6-9
    Chinese Sacred Lily-Nickname Paper White-zone 8-11
    Falconet-zones 5-9
    Galilee-Nickname Paper White-zones 8-11
    Geranium-zones 5-9
    Golden Rain-Nickname Paper White-zones 8-11
    Grand Soleil d'Or-Nickname Paper White-zones 8-11
    Martinette-zones 4-9
    Silver Chimes-zones 5-9
    Ziva=Nickname Paper White-Zones 8-11

Ok, now after listing them I see it would be best to group them by those that can be grown in zone 9 and those that can be grown in zone 11...will copy and note on GD (google document)

Final wording for the FAQ and what is listed can be finalized later I hesitate to say "Florida" since there are different zones in FL, nd what will be all right in N FL, won't bloom in S FL.

Yesterday I also started an outline for the FAQ, but didn't want to monopolize the forum by posting too much. I'll post it now...probably should have yesterday...anyway, as you can see, the first FAQ covers one's Garden Zone, how to find it, and why it is important.

FAQ Bulb Forum Outline 10-14-2010

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Excellent Chemocurl.

I might rearrange the questions so the most asked are at the top. It offends my sense of order but when year after year people ask the same question as 2 posts on the same page (& labeled as such) ..................................... makes me realize folks are not willing to read.

I like the questions being numbered!! See #6 in the FAQ. I've got no problem with that response.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I might rearrange the questions so the most asked are at the top.
    I hear what you are saying, but think some questions are seasonal, and by putting them in some semblance of order is best. For example..."HELP, my daffs are coming up now!" is a common question at this time of year. Isn't that most logically on down below the General Planting info?

It offends my sense of order
    I agree

Yes, some folks aren't going to read anyway, or won't bother to read beyond the first question, but that is fine. If the FAQ includes good info, in good order, it will be helpful to 'most' who bother to read, and even if they are not read, we can link to them, or copy and paste the info into threads.

Please bear in mind that the FAQ is an ever ongoing process of being improved upon, or added to.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!