Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bulbs - in bloom last half of May?

Posted by NewbieBulbs 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 18, 11 at 16:07

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to plant a lot of flowers (tulips?) in our front yard, and want to know if I plant late blooming tulips, will it still be in bloom the last half of May. I'm thinking of holding my wedding ceremony at our home, and was hoping to have flowers greeting our guests. I don't necessary want all of them to bloom on a certain date, just that there's enough flowers to make the yard look beautiful. If not tulips, could you suggest other flowers that will work for my area?

Thank you in advance!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bulbs - in bloom last half of May?

Congrats on getting married NewbieBulbs! Late blooming tulips should be in bloom towards the end of May, in my experience Viridifloras tend to be around the longest (plus their colours are more intense towards the end of their stay).

Alliums are another that are around through May-June, there are some fantastic varieties, the giant purple rounds (purple sensation, gigantium, globemaster) and their white counterparts would certainly stand out. Also allium bulgaricum would (to me) be perfect at a wedding, as they look like little bells, I've mixed those in with christophii in the garden.

Hope this helps. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here