Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
asiatic lilies

Posted by woody64 5a (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 3, 10 at 20:02

I have some asiatic and other lilies in my garden that have since died but the stems and leaves are still green.Along with this are some small plants shooting up,my question is can I pull up the small plants,seperate the small bulbs and or other small bulbs plant them again for next yr.Iam just wondering do they have to be a certain old before i can do this?Also is it to earlier to do this now?thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: asiatic lilies

Hi woody, the bublets..the small plants you see are IMHO to immature to mess with esp in your zone. You could put them in a nursery pot but it takes a yr or 2 for a bublet to produce a bulb that will give you lilies.

o

thanks for the reply.I left some bulbs in the ground over the winter and they had lillies on them this summer plus lots of little shoots so I thought I could seperate them and plant them.Btw way whats IMHO?

o

IMHO = in my honest opinion

Nice the lilies wintered over for you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here