Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brit5467

Crocosmia 'Red King' - full sun or not??

brit5467
14 years ago

First experience with these. Someone here (an older post) mentioned moving her Lucifer from shade to full sun and got better results. When looking up Red King on retail site, it compared it to Lucifer, only smaller. Point being, since Lucifer is like Red King and it likes full sun, so should Red King, right? Description ALSO said full sun.

However, my pkg. said sun to part shade. I'm confused !!

Planted 20 late spring this year in part shade and only got about 5 or so white sprouts that split into long chive-looking things and they are still green. A good sign, right? Are the rest just slow?

I guess I'm asking 3 things. Are my results typical?

Should I transplant now if full sun is okay? Someone else had said they don't like being disburbed while in their beginning stages.

And how "full" IS full sun? I have a eastern exposure from sunrise to about 2pm and it's HOT sun. A good 4 to 5 months with high 90's and 100% humidity a lot of the time. If it's any help, my oriental and asiatics love it (whereas I read somewhere they don't???) but I don't want to burn crocosmia up if they can't take intense sun.

Thanks,

Bonnie

Comments (3)