Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP! Spring-blooming bulbs sprouted now!

Posted by elbereth (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 29, 08 at 23:11

I had potted narcissus and hyacinths from last year that I cut back and replanted. They've sprouted new leaves just now that the temperatures have started to dip below zero. I covered them up with more soil for now, but will they survive till spring? Will they even stop growing? Or should I bring them inside to bloom? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP! Spring-blooming bulbs sprouted now!

Not to worry. They will be fine.

Check out Daff Foliage Up NOW

Sue

o
RE: HELP! Spring-blooming bulbs sprouted now!

I am having the same problem with crocuses. I planted them three weeks ago, and we have such zig zag weather here in the winter. Last week we had 30's at night, this week, we're in the 60's. I'm thinking that I might just get to enjoy them over the winter since our winter temps will be similar to early spring in colder climates. The crocuses haven't broken through the top yet, I only know that they're trying because I found one that a critter had dug up. It had sprouts and roots, so I replanted it. Dang Armadillos!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here