Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Doonesbury bulb cartoons

Posted by linnea56 z5 IL (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 7, 09 at 23:27

Courtesy of Old House Gardens e-mail newsletter, you might enjoy these bulb related Doonesbury cartoons!

Laughing with Bulbs: Doonesbury's Zonker

Even Doonesbury's Zonker Harris is planting bulbs this fall. For six days of laughs, go to
doonesbury.com/strip/dailydose/index.html?uc_full_date=20090928.

Click the "Next" tab at the top of each comic to see them all.

I enjoyed them so much, I just had to pass them on!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Doonesbury bulb cartoons

Where are they on the page?...or did the page change since you posted?

The link below goes to a page with a strip, but I don't see anything about bulbs and the next doesn't work for me.

hmmmm....just call me challenged.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Doonesberry Comic strip

o

Love it!!!

Thanks for the heads-up. Had a barrel of laughs.

George

o

Thanks, linnea56!
Sue___
Guess you are having the same problem as I. My browser will not load the URL that linnea56 posted, instead, I get today's strip; ?uc_full_date=20091008.
Had to click on the PREVIOUS link and scroll back to; ?uc_full_date=20090928 to see the first of the series of 6 cartoons and then advance through them, by clicking on NEXT.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 9, 09 at 1:10

I've seen some of them in our paper and they are funny.

o

Ladywindsurfer

Go to the current days strip and then just change the date at the end of the URL in the address bar of your browser. You'll jump right to the correct one. Must drive you mad to toggle back 2 weeks worth.

George

o

Oh, I'm sorry it turned out to be so difficult! When I used the link from the newletter it went right to the bulb ones.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here