Heirloom and specie Daffodils?

Posted by Mongoose20 none (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 8, 11 at 3:56

I'm searching for Heirloom Narcissus such as:
N.Psuedonarcissus (lent lily)
N. moschatus
N. Hispanicus
N. Minor

and I can't seem to find them anywhere! Does anyone have any idea as to where I can acquire these beauties?

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heirloom and specie Daffodils?

Hi Mongoose20,

Welcome to Garden Web and The Bulb Forum.

Judging by what you are looking for, I'm guessing you are not the average daffodil grower or even collector.

Have you checked with the Specialty Growers that are listed on the ADS (American Daffodil) Site? I'm thinking it lists one grower who has an on line catalog (list) of some thing you might be looking for.

Are you by any chance a member of ADS? If not, I suggest you join, as I consider it a 'must' for daffoholics.

Do you by any chance belong to Daffnet? It is a worldwide daffodil forum, The membership ranges from hobby growers like me, to a lot of the big time hybridizers. If you would like, I can ask there, if you aren't a member.

Have you checked out the site linked below? It's possible that she could help you find a source for things she might not have.

Good luck!

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Nancy R. Wilson SPECIES & MINIATURE NARCISSUS

o

A lot of these were offered by Old House Gardens this year. All of their stock is currently 25% off if they have any left. They list under common names, so you will need to read through the listings (N. pseudonarcissus=lent lily). I ordered quite a few bulbs from them this year and they were nice and healthy.

o

I'll add my two cents worth for Old House Gardens. I have all the bulbs you have listed, and got them all from Old House. Their prices are higher than most, but the bulbs are premium sized. I have ordered from them for years and their quality and service has never failed.

o

Thanks for the responses, I've found some narcissus obvallaris at Brent and Becky's bulbs.
Is this a reputable source or should I go elsewhere?
thanks!

p.s I'd love to join ADS and Daffseek since I'm a Daffodil freak BUT I haven't the extra cash to join at this time.

o

Brent and Beckys is very reliable. I have ordered from them for years with very good service. I am watching for the UPS man to arrive anyday now with my order (200 plus) from them.... Apparently I always plant my bulbs too early....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here