Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

2010 Fall Bulb Sales...please post here...

so we can jump on them!

So far there is Van Engelen Flower Bulbs ***** 2010 END-OF-SEASON SALE LIST ***** , which is 40% off spring flowering bulbs as well as some lilies and peonies.

Sue

Comments (18)

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    13 years ago

My number one reason for logging into gardenweb tonight was to make sure someone had posted this IMPORTANT information! I would have been sooner, but I wanted to make sure I got my order in first before things sold out..... sorry for being so selfish.

I need more bulbs just about as much as I need termites in the foundation.... but at least the bulbs will look nice come springtime!

• elleni
    13 years ago

Arrrgh!!! I just placed my first Van Engelen order last week. I was hoping all the things I ordered would have been out of stock for the end-of-season sale, but NO!!! I could have saved $15 on my $50 order! That could have been a ton more bulbs!!!! Poop!

• elleni
    13 years ago

BloomingBulb.com's "overstock" page: http://www.bloomingbulb.com/c-5869-overstock-sale.aspx?viewall=1

And HollandBulbFarms.com has a bunch of stuff on sale and a coupon "BULBMADNESS for FREE SHIPPING on orders of $25.00 or more". (http://www.hollandbulbfarms.com/search.asp?page=1&keywords=Bulbs&refine=y&Stock=In+Stock)

I have ordered way too many bulbs again this Fall. Thank goodness we're having a warm Fall! Will have to be very busy this weekend.

• socalgal_gw Zone USDA 10b Sunset 24
    13 years ago

Easy to grow bulbs has 30% off daffodils, I think 25% off tulips, must enter FALL-FUN as discount code. Through Thursday 11/11 only.

Here is a link that might be useful: Easy to grow bulbs

• organic_kitten
    13 years ago

I got an email from B and D lilies today about a 40% off on "groups of 6." I still have too many bulbs to plant to take advantage of the sale.
    kay

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I still have too many bulbs to plant to take advantage of the sale.
    I'm like you Kay, and am trying to stay strong and not order or buy anything more until every bulb I now have is planted with TLC and properly labeled. I will admit though that I was a bit tempted.

Maybe I will be finished before Brent and Becky's start their 50% off sale, which is usually quite late. Last year I posted on Nov 28th that their sale had just started.

Sue...heading out to start prepping to plant.

• linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
    13 years ago

I bought from B & D! As if the 450 bulbs that came from VE today were not enough.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I bought from B & D! As if the 450 bulbs that came from VE today were not enough.
    Linnea, Have you lost control or what?!?!?!. Have the above average fall temperatures fooled you into thinking that you still have lots of planting time left?
    So how many did you order from B and D? Fess up now...

Sue

• elleni
    13 years ago

For those looking for a link...

Here is a link that might be useful: Scratch and Dent

• linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
    13 years ago

I, uh, I donâÂÂt know what to say (blush!)

I only got 24 lilies. ThatâÂÂs all.
    'Holland Beauty' Orienpet Lily, 6
    'Party Diamond' Asiatic lily, 6
    'Arabian Red' Oriental Lily, 6
    'Blackberry's Snack' Asiatic Lily, 6: a Tango type, dark purple and white. I bought this to go with the 5 Landini lilies I ordered from VE, with the 5 Purple Prince Orienpet.

I planted for more than 4 hours today. I think I only have about 200 left to go. Something like that. IâÂÂm not counting. I palmed off some of my excess daffodils on some poor sucker; no, I meant, I shared the wealth with an appreciative friend.

• paddlehikeva
    13 years ago

Old House Gardens.

Last Call! Now Save 25% on EVERYTHING! Fall Shipping Ends Monday!
    It's not too late to plant some spring excitement this fall and enjoy the sweet anticipation all winter long. The weather is still unusually nice in most areas, we still have some great fall-planted bulbs looking for a good home, and now you can save 25% on ALL of them!
    Check out our list of everything still available -- including lots of fabulous daffodils and lilies -- and then order online or call 734-995-1486. But don't delay! At 25% off, these bulbs won't last long, and fall shipping ENDS Monday!

Here is a link that might be useful: What is left at Old house gardens...

• elleni
    13 years ago

I've never ordered from them. Even at 25% off things are expensive. Are they worth it?

• elleni
    13 years ago

CLEARANCE prices up to 75% off at American Meadows. I have been coveting the "Triumph Tulip Bulbs Blue Moon Mix" for a couple years, only $20 for 50 now. But with our first Winter storm due tomorrow and another 400 bulbs left to plant, I probably should not order anything else!

BTW, the coupon code "SAVE" should get you $5 off 30.

Here is a link that might be useful: CLEARANCE prices up to 75% off

• Donna
    13 years ago

elleni, I have ordered from Old House several times and YES their bulbs are wonderful: larger sizes than I have received elsewhere, often with two or three offsets on them. I planted three Grand Primo Bulbs from them just two years ago. This spring I dug and divided them and had 33 bulbs!

But, their big draw is the many bulbs they offer that can't be found anywhere else.

• elleni
    13 years ago

Well, I am no longer tempted by the mixed blue tulips... Not only the reviews of the actual colors on the American Meadows site, but I found this thread from GW on the quest for blue flowers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blue Tulips:( Yeah right!

• elleni
    13 years ago

Looks like BloomingBulb is doing their final closeout. Many remaining things are 50% off. Try as I might, I am not seeing anything I want. Well, maybe some Gladiator Allium, or...

Here is a link that might be useful: Fall Blow-Out

• elleni
    13 years ago

Can you tell I keep an eye out for the end-of-season sales?!?

I think this is the first year that Santa Rosa has had bulbs. I've ordered plants from them and they are great.

Oh, and see if these coupons are still working:

"MY5" for $5 off $20 order or "MONKEY" for 10% off any order or "SFB20" for 20% off bulb orders. I think that last one might be expired, but the other two have been around and working forever.

Here is a link that might be useful: Save up to 75% on bulbs

• elleni
    13 years ago

Posted in its own thread, but it is a Fall sale...

Holland Bulb Farms in Wisconsin is closing out the season with an "All Spring Blooming Variety Pack" of 250+ bulbs for $39 with free shipping. Use the Coupon Code "50FBlikes" at checkout to "save" $190.63 and get free shipping.

Here is a link that might be useful: All Spring Blooming Variety Pack 250 for $39

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz