Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daffodil Tazetta - Canary Bird

Posted by coralred Tropical (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 14, 09 at 10:38

I just got this from Bloomingbulbs and I live in SE Asia where the average temperature is around 30 degree celsius. I have read that Daffodil Tazetta does not need chilling to bloom but what I need to know is will it bloom again after the flowers have faded.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daffodil Tazetta - Canary Bird

I believe "some", Tazetta Division daffodils do better in warmer climates than others, and don't require a chilling period. It is even hard for me to say for sure if your Canary Birds will bloom in your average 30 degree celsius (86 degree F) temperatures. No daffodil will bloom twice in one year. If you want to be assured of your daffs blooming a second year, I would suggest you digging them after the foliage has pretty well faded and yellowed, store them someplace cool and dry, and then replant them in your fall season. You might try leaving just a few of them to see if they will return and bloom the next year without being dug.

Do you know your coldest average minimum temperature during your coldest months?

Sue

o
RE: Daffodil Tazetta - Canary Bird

Our coldest months (25 degree celsius) are from Nov - Jan which is the rainy season (NE monsoon) so they are kind of raining every few days.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here