Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
black friday sale: hollandbulbfarms grab bags free ship $25+

Posted by elleni 4a (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 25, 11 at 11:26

TODAY ONLY until 4 PM CST: Free shipping on orders of $25+. I ordered the smaller of the "spring blooming grab bags" of bulbs-- 147+ bulbs for $25.98. Check them out!

Here is a link that might be useful: HollandBulbFarms.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: black friday sale: hollandbulbfarms grab bags free ship $25+

bumping down. I resisted...did you?

o

Of course not! The packages went live a couple days before, but the Black Friday free shipping pushed me over the edge! I got the smaller box. It was a nice selection, though more tulips than I would like. Since Winter is boycotting MN, I was able to get everything planted the first week in December. I passed on some of the tulips to my trading buddy in Chicago. And I have three packs of pink and yellow hyacynths to pot up for forcing. Hum, that reminds me I need to get them out of the box in the hall and into pots in he mini fridge!!

o

Oh my.

It seems winter is boycotting Indiana too. Temps are to be in the 50s today, tomorrow and Sat and then 49 on Sun, and fairly mild, compared to 'normal temps', next week too. I need to get out there now and work on the last of my daff planting...sigh, but it is 48 and sunny, so not bad at all.

Sue

o

Sue, You're a zone plus south of me. Bet you have plenty of time. I just did a google for MN soil temps and out in the 'burbs it has been rising and was 33.5 last week. I'm in the city so, it might be warmer here. In addition to the Hyacinths, I made a late order of 20 daffs I also planned on forcing, but with the soil still warm-ish, I wonder if I should plant them outside. What do you think? Is it too late for daffs even if the soil is workable?

o

Is it too late for daffs even if the soil is workable?
hmmm...now if it was me, I'd probably plant them and plant them deep and then mulch them well to protect them from the soil freezing too soon. Some members might have other ideas about it though.

I think so long as the soil drains pretty well, they should be fine.

If you don't get them planted or forced, you could just keep them in a cool place and plant them after the spring thaw there. They would be confused come bloom time 2012, but should be back on schedule for the 2013 bloom season.

Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here