Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is the form of Landini asiatic lily like?

Posted by linnea56 z5 IL (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 3, 10 at 11:34

I posted this in lilies, but then realized there is very little activity there, whereas there is more going on here. So assuming there are some lily enthusiasts here too...

I have all the common colors of lilies, and I'd like something dark purple, but all the photos I've seen online show a lily with a rather uninteresting shape. I have some great colors, but if the form is not there, I end up disappointed. What I don't like is narrow petals. That, and a flower that fails to open wide enough, or a small flower on a tall stem.

How is Purple Prince orienpet lily? I thought of getting some of each, to have both an earlier and a later bloomer. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is the form of Landini asiatic lily like?

Looking at pics, it looks like the Landini is a maroon color with narrower petals.

Hover your cursor over the Landini Pics HERE and I think you will see a pretty 'true' pic in the second pic from the left.

The Purple Prince doesn't look to be all that purple.

Note the 4th pic from the left (at this time anyway) of Purple PrinceHERE. I imagine that is a fairly true pic.

o
RE: What is the form of Landini asiatic lily like?

Photobucket
Linnea, here is Purple Prince. Not purple at all. Though my posting is late, hope this pic still helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here