Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Brent and Becky's now 50% off!

Just thought some folks might be interested.

50% off sale

Let your fingers do the shopping!

Sue

Comments (15)

• elleni
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Thanks for the tip, Sue. But are the prices showing really 50% off? The Dutch Master daffodils are $1.40 each (for ten). Were they really $2.80 before the sale?!?

Answered my own question... The discount shows up when you put items in your cart!!

• kentstar
    14 years ago

Oh, if only I had the room. Sigh... Gettin' late here anyways. :)

• ontnative
    14 years ago

In my zone, it's much too late for narcissus and most fall bulbs. Thank goodness I'm in Canada, or I might be tempted to order some tulips. My bulbs are all safely (?) in the ground or in their pots for forcing. Happy planting for those of you still able to do so.

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    14 years ago

It's too late in my zone too..... but it was so easy to just point and click and fill a cart! and the 50% off didn't hurt either. So buy I did. Now I have another box of bulbs to put into a yard that already found room for a couple hundred last month. hmmmm.

Maybe the box will camoflage in with my wife's cyber-monday purchases and I can plant them next weekend while the kids are napping. Otherwise it will be real hard to explain why I needed to buy another load of bulbs and need to take the time to plant them -yet can't find the time to finish hanging sheetrock in the basement....

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    14 years ago

-yet can't find the time to finish hanging sheetrock in the basement....
    Everyone knows that is a job that is only typically done in Jan or Feb. Give her a clue!

Well I perused B and B this AM over coffee. I did not however order anything, knowing what I still have to plant.
    If tomorrow is a good productive planting day, which I am expecting it to be, I may be tempted to order 10 different cultivars of daffs, and all 10 of them are in quantities of 10. I'm hoping if I do order them once I am more caught up with my planting, that someone 'might' want to split them with me. I sure don't need 10 bulbs of any one cultivar. Kato, are you up to it? Anyone else?

Sue

• Dar Sunset Zone 18
    14 years ago

Too bad for the additional shipping charges for those West of the Rockies. That and shipping totaled to $19 for me and my subtotal was only $11.50 after the %50 discount.

Let me say to Brent and Becky's: I really doubt there is a higher chance for the bulbs coming to California to become frozen or cold damaged in transit. That can happen too in some place back East while the box is sitting on a porch. Please let us have the option for regular price shipping at our own risk.

• paddlehikeva
    14 years ago

someone 'might' want to split them with me

Which 10 did you have in mind?

Kathy

• linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
    14 years ago

I have purposely left the Brent and Beckys sale page open on my computer for the last few days, without clicking on anything. ItÂs desensitization training. ItÂs how I became not allergic to my cat, IÂm hoping itÂll work for this as well.

Well, to be strictly accurate, things are in my cart, but I am planning on leaving them IN the cart until they sell out. That strategy worked last year. ItÂs what I call getting procrastination to work for me and not against me, as usual. You have to work with what you have.

Original Author
    14 years ago

Linnea...you totally crack me up. I am however very happy for you that you don't have a lot of bulbs to be planted, with frozen ground, as you have had the past several years.

Which 10 did you have in mind?
    I will let you later. I have 55 little bags of 'named' cultivars I plan to get all planted today, which will just leave some scruffy stuff' to be planted here and there...not as big a deal as with the named daff cultivars. After those 55 are complete, I 'may' feel free to order more.

Kato, you up for a few too maybe, if I don't procrastinate too long?

Sue....heading out for a wonderful afternoon of planting.

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    14 years ago

you are too funny linnea.

Sue my brain is saying no thanks.
    But why start listening now?

Of course I'm in.

• paddlehikeva
    14 years ago

Sue, we are at the edge of our seats wondering if you finished yesterday and rewarded yourself with a purchase of lots more bulbs?!?!?!?

Original Author
    14 years ago

Sue, we are at the edge of our seats wondering if you finished yesterday and rewarded yourself with a purchase of lots more bulbs?!?!?!?
    NO! I did not finish with the named cultivars (22 small bags yet) and then have a lot of miscellaneous stuff to finish after the named ones are planted. It is rainy/misty today and the weather outlook does not look good with lows in the 20s and highs in the 30s. The ground 'will' be freezing sometime here soon I fear.

I may put on my Big Bird (yellow plastic) raincoat a bit later and try to get a few planted yet today. It's either 46 degrees and misty today or else 38 and dry tomorrow.

Plan your trip

Local Radar

Detailed Forecast

RE: Brent and Becky's now 50% off!

well if you'd really like to know...here's the list. The price reflects the 50%off

10 for $7.90--Bella Vista-2W-YY0-HOLLAND HERE
    10 for $4.20--Sound-2W-YYO-HOLLAND- HERE
    05 for $5.05--Stainless - (2 W-W) N.IRELAND-HERE
    10 for $7.25--Altruist-3 O-R-ENGLAND-HERE
    10 for $5.20--Petrel - (5 W-W)-UNITED STATES-HERE
    10 for $3.35--Itzim - (6 Y-R) UNITED STATES-SOLD OUT-YAY!
    10 for $5.85--Beautiful Eyes-7W-O-USHERE
    10 for $6.20--DerringerB and B-7Y-Y-US-PRETTY-SOLD OUT-YAY!
    10 for $5.85--Silver Smiles-7W-Y-US-HERE
    10 for $5.30--Silver Chimes-8W-W-ENG-HISTORIC-HARDY-HERE
    10 for $5.85-Diamond Ring 10Y-Y-MINI-HOL-HERE

Are those some really great prices for those quantities or what?

btw...I have some daff seeds to share with daff lovers if anyone happens to be interested. Some packets have the seed parent listed, but being OP, the pollen parent is unknown. Other seeds are just a mix with the pod parent not given These are 2008 seeds that have been stored properly. If anyone would like a few, please post here and I'll drop you an email. Be sure and have a member page email link set up.

I intend to winter sow some of them.

Sue

I guess I better drag a couple leaf bags and mulch over to my soon-to-be new daff bed.

Are you sure you don't already have stainless? Derringer was the last variety I cut from my order list... haha it found a home anyway!

Today I am heading to my somewhat local garden store to see if they have the bulbs marked down to 25% off.

Derringer came to live in my garden...perhaps there will be a trade in our future.

Kathy

Post a Follow-Up
    Your Name:

Your Email Address:

Zone (optional):

Subject of Posting:

Optional Link URL:

Name of the Link: Return to the Bulbs Forum

Original Author
    14 years ago

well if you'd really like to know...here's the list. The price reflects the 50%off

10 for $7.90--Bella Vista-2W-YY0-HOLLAND HERE
    10 for $4.20--Sound-2W-YYO-HOLLAND- HERE
    05 for $5.05--Stainless - (2 W-W) N.IRELAND-HERE
    10 for $7.25--Altruist-3 O-R-ENGLAND-HERE
    10 for $5.20--Petrel - (5 W-W)-UNITED STATES-HERE
    10 for $3.35--Itzim - (6 Y-R) UNITED STATES-SOLD OUT-YAY!
    10 for $5.85--Beautiful Eyes-7W-O-USHERE
    10 for $6.20--DerringerB and B-7Y-Y-US-PRETTY-SOLD OUT-YAY!
    10 for $5.85--Silver Smiles-7W-Y-US-HERE
    10 for $5.30--Silver Chimes-8W-W-ENG-HISTORIC-HARDY-HERE
    10 for $5.85-Diamond Ring 10Y-Y-MINI-HOL-HERE

Are those some really great prices for those quantities or what?

btw...I have some daff seeds to share with daff lovers if anyone happens to be interested. Some packets have the seed parent listed, but being OP, the pollen parent is unknown. Other seeds are just a mix with the pod parent not given These are 2008 seeds that have been stored properly. If anyone would like a few, please post here and I'll drop you an email. Be sure and have a member page email link set up.

I intend to winter sow some of them.

Sue

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    14 years ago

I guess I better drag a couple leaf bags and mulch over to my soon-to-be new daff bed.

Are you sure you don't already have stainless? Derringer was the last variety I cut from my order list... haha it found a home anyway!

• paddlehikeva
    14 years ago

Today I am heading to my somewhat local garden store to see if they have the bulbs marked down to 25% off.

Derringer came to live in my garden...perhaps there will be a trade in our future.

Kathy

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville