Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tender summer bulbs froze in containers, no good?

Posted by jerem 5b (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 21, 10 at 14:15

Its my first year growing bulbs and i planted some in pots and i was waiting for the foliage to die back outside and turn yellow and it snowed last night and the pots froze completely, im assuming since it froze they are most likely dead right?

Anemomes, Red Spider Lily, Pink Fairy Lily. Not a big loss but just curious as its a first time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tender summer bulbs froze in containers, no good?

• Posted by manda3 8a DFW Texas (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 21, 10 at 14:49

Anemones should be fine.

Red Spider Lilies can get to 0 Fahrenheit
Pink Rain Lilies can get to 10 Fahrenheit

I would take them in now and just see if they get mushy or not.

o
RE: Tender summer bulbs froze in containers, no good?

I agree -- none of those are truly tropical plants, they all are from semi-tropical or mild temperate zones or higher altitudes in the tropics.

I bet they are probably OK.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here