Return to the Bulbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Van Engelen Sale--New Items

Posted by dhaven z5 IA (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 12, 10 at 15:59

Van Engelen has added many new items to their 40% sale. Most likely these are the 'extras' from John Scheepers, as thte they are all items that were previously sold out on the Van Engelen website. They have quite a few new lilies that weren't previously on sale, a whole bunch of minor bulbs, some new daffs, and lots of new tulips. Lots of other things, too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Van Engelen Sale--New Items

I spent a beautiful day outside planting my v engelen bulbs. The tulips bulbs were HUGE, I forgot how big top quality bulbs are and can't wait for the blooms. When they came via UPS I was a little frightened by how heavy the box was but once I got planting it went pretty fast... but I admit that for the small bulbs, planting was the shallow grave approach.... One or two scoops with the shovel, toss in a handful of bulbs, dump the dirt back. Done.

My MIL couldn't understand why I bought more flowers... whats up with that? duh. I obviously needed more.

o
RE: Van Engelen Sale--New Items

I am a bulboholic, I freely admit it. It's a sickness, and it cannot be cured. Family members shake their heads at me and feel it's a lost cause...'we can't help her,,, poor thing,,,we don't know what to do'. lol

I was finished 'bulbing' this year, so I thought, until I checked the Van E. website last night and found the 40% sale going on....well of course I succomed. I'm going to try a few Fritillaria palliflora, and persica Ivory Bells. Got some Dutch Iris Eye of the Tiger - the color of these has always caught me eye,, even though they're a short bloomer, en masse it should be neat. Some allium atropurpureum, and karativiense Ivory Queen. A few Eremurus Cleopatra, and mixed miniature narcissus and species tulips. Not too many of the tulips, as the area I'm putting them is not close to the house and the bunnies and deer will get them if I forget to spray. My fix is satisfied. I hope I got them all, I won't get a confirmation until tommorrow.

Hey - they've still got Galanthus Flore pleno's in stock, the doubles. Go for it people. I've got loads of snow drops already, and these too. They look so great mixed with Helleborus nigers. Ahhhh....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bulbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here