Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
socalgal_gw

Van Engelen sale

Van Engelen has started their 20% off sale. They often have even better prices later in November.

Here is a link that might be useful: Van Engelen availability list

Comments (18)

• socalgal_gw Zone USDA 10b Sunset 24
    Original Author
    10 years ago

John Scheepers, the branch of Van Engelen that sells smaller quantities, has some bulbs for 30% off.

Here is a link that might be useful: John Scheepers

• Karolina11
    10 years ago

Van Engelen's site states they are doing their final 20% off sale. Is anyone thinking they might not be doing their bigger sale this year?

• socalgal_gw Zone USDA 10b Sunset 24
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Scheepers now has some bulbs at 40% off.

Here is a link that might be useful: Scheepers

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    10 years ago

Looks like van engelen is staying at 20% off..... still good prices, but not 30% off great prices!
    I resisted the van engelen sale but fell for the Brent and Becky clearance. 50% off if you''re interested :)

• stimpy926
    10 years ago

Let me advise on delivery times of orders placed at this time in late fall. I have placed orders with B&B, Scheepers, and Van Engelen and by far Van E. is the best. They have never missed shipping out the same day if you place an order, either the night before online, or early in the morning. When I see a warm spell window and I want bulbs I order from them to arrive before the warm spell is over. If you order from Scheepers they will take a week to arrive. Similar with Brent & Beckys - they never get bulbs out that quick.
    I know Van. E's has $50.00 min., but if you enter a min. $35.00 with Scheepers, by the time you pay tax and shipping you might as well pay the $50.00 min. with Van. E. to get fast results. It's just not worth waiting a whole week from the other guys....who wants to be planting bulbs when the temperature goes back down to the 30's!? :-)

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    10 years ago

Paula, your post was not at all helpful. I received my Brent and Becky order and one of my most wanted items was missing so I thought of this post and I thought of your experiences and I thought there would be enough of a warm weather window to get another quick order of bulbs in!
    So this morning I ordered. I'm looking forward to a quick delivery, and the shipping Weather looks ok, unfortunately the days I'll be using for planting look extremely cold, 30 degrees would be a pleasure compared to the 7 degree lows that are forecast.
    And I was being so good!

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

B&B shipped my order out the same day, and I got the bulbs just before a day of pouring rain and plummeting temperatures. I had to emphasize that the order had to be shipped immediately or otherwise canceled. B&B was very accommodating in this case. However, the shipping charges are on the amount before the discount, so in effect, one pays 20% shipping. Ouch!

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    10 years ago

I ordered Saturday afternoon (they work mon- fri I believe, so no one was there for the weekend) my order was filled Monday, I got the ups pickup confirmation Monday afternoon and the box just showed up on my doorstep Tuesday night Awesome turnaround and the bulbs look great!

• Phylis
    8 years ago

Brent and Becky's spring planted/summer blooming bulbs now 50% off thru June 8th!

• Phylis
    8 years ago

Van Engelen 35%-Off All Outdoor Flower Bulbs!

https://www.vanengelen.com/pejtest/SALEHTML.HTM

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    8 years ago

I'm thinking about it..... Anyone else on the fence with Brent and Becky's? There's so much I'd like to try and the prices are great and I'm always happy in the spring.... but I feels so good to have everything planted.

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    8 years ago

Well I guess no one is going to talk me off the ledge so I just placed one last bulb order.... A few more things to plant but according to the longer range weather forecast I'll be fine. Spring should be fun!

• posierosie_zone7a
    8 years ago

Katob, I just ordered too and of course just posted a long post about it. :) What did you order?

• sandyslopes z5 n. UT
    8 years ago

"Well I guess no one is going to talk me off the ledge" ...This made me LOL!

I was going to say you're both lucky to still be able to plant, but in truth, I'm glad I'm done for the season. Happy planting!

This spring we must have a thread for everyone to show off all these beautiful bulbs when they're blooming!

• posierosie_zone7a
    8 years ago

Sandyslopes, that is a great idea! The promise of Spring blooms is what gets me through February. That's why I plant so much.

The weather is crazy this year. I feel like I'm living a full zone South. It won't last, but I'll take it! Katob is probably in the same boat judging from her post. :)

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    8 years ago

I don't see any low temperatures through to the middle of December and I'm fine with that :)

I was hoping to get my order this weekend but it looks like that's not going to happen. In some years I've ended up potting bulbs up and keeping them in the garage but even with putting it off until next weekend it should be fine.

I ordered a mix of tiny new-to-me bulbs and a few should-be-a-show tulips. I'll be sure to join in with spring picture posting. Actually I might see if I have anything from last year to re-live as the days get shorter and shorter and shorter....

I was glad to be done. Such is no longer the case, but at least it's not too many bulbs..... well it depends on what you consider too many :)

• posierosie_zone7a
    8 years ago

I don't know if I am ever really done. As long as there is a sale and ground is workable..... :)