Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kato_b

A good deal or not?

katob Z6ish, NE Pa
11 years ago

You get what you pay for. That's what I hear people say all the time and I have to disagree. Sometimes you get more.... But sometimes you get less. A lot less. I'm posting this because I often see great sales claims for bulbs that are 70 to 80% off, free shipping, top quality.... I of course am curious until I see what the price still is.

Today I got an 85% off clearance email deal on grape hyacinths. Five bulbs for something like a dollar forty five. I almost choked when I saw the original price of 9.99 for five bulbs!!!! Yikes!! A reputable company such as Brent and Becky's has them 10 for about 3 dollars.... That would be about a dollar fifty for five as an EVERYDAY price.

In general I'm wary of any seller that offers a lot of deals and coupons.... I could name companies but there are watchdogs out there if you just google.... And if you're still unsure, post here and get a second opinion. Just be careful, if it is a good deal we might encourage you to spend even more.

And btw, the Brent and Becky grape hyacinths are 10% off this week. 2.70 for ten :)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Ronald J. Smith Interiors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Veteran Interior Designer Serving Clients in Upper Marlboro