Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
socalgal_gw

van engelen sale

40% off selected items. Wish I had room for more. Sorry I don't know how to make clickable link.

http://www.vanengelen.com/pejtest/SALEHTML.HTM

Comments (20)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    13 years ago

Oh dear...tempting sales already? In my opinion those are some great prices if one can use bulbs in bigger quantities.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry I don't know how to make clickable link.
    Ok, here is how you make the link clickable if you are the OP (Original Poster starting a thread)

Type your message and hit Preview Message
    On the next page you will see an Optional Link URL: box. Copy the URL into the box.
    There is also a Name of the Link: box. Just make up a name...like Van Enengelen Sale and hit Preview Message again.
    After the next page comes up, lastly hit Submit Message.

Here is a link that might be useful: Van Engelen Flower Bulbs ***** 2010 END-OF-SEASON SALE LIST *****

• linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
    13 years ago

Scheepers is not on sale yet, for smaller quantities, is it? I can't recall which one I bought from on sale, before. VE at least has its sale early enough that I can still plant. But considering my garden is already stuffed, I don't want those quantities. I need someone local to split an order with! :)

• Brian
    13 years ago

Wow, thanks for the sale info! I just ordered 300 bulbs! Does anyone know how long it takes to come in usually? Although I suppose I can research on the site myself. Thanks again!

• katob Z6ish, NE Pa
    13 years ago

All I saw about shipping was "orders will be shipped asap". I'm sure they will arrive in a relatively short amount of time.

I also don't have room for big bulk orders, but the prices are too tempting and their quality is almost always great... so a couple hundred bulbs are coming my way plus a few peonies. I could also use someone to trade with, but it's more likely friends and family will benefit.... I'm a fairly selfish person and this way I can make surprise visits to see how "my" plants are doing in their adopted homes!

• luvahydrangea
    13 years ago

Well, I placed my order earlier today, around 11AM and I received a shipping confirmation with a tracking number that says its scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I doubt I will get it that quickly though.

• cynthianovak
    13 years ago

my order was shipped yesterday! Wowza!

I've never gotten a sale list from Scheepers.....but

I wanted anemone De Caen. They showed sold out, but when I called they had them in lots of 50. At first she gave me a higher price. When I told her they are on the sale list she dropped the price.

I suspect that these come from Scheepers inventory. In the past, I've ordered from the VE sale and received bulbs in multiple small bags.

• elleni
    13 years ago

At those prices it may not matter, but I placed my first order with them last week (before the sale, darn it) and was just a bit short of the $50 minimum. I called and they took my order anyway.

• luvahydrangea
    13 years ago

Just want to say, I ordered yesterday adn got my order today, yay!!!!!! :)

13 years ago

I ordered today: early this afternoon. How early do they normally send out an email confirmation? I was a little concerned that there is nothing in my email yet. Or is the shipping confirmation the first indication that they have your order? 2 items there were my only reason for placing the order. I want to make sure they are sending those.

13 years ago

I got the email confimation today. Do they normally ship out fast? I'm in the midwest. I need it fast if I'm going to get the 500 or so planted.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    13 years ago

luvahydrangea above said she ordered on Wed and got it on Thurs! I'm guessing yours might take a day or two longer since they are likely getting overwhelmed with orders by now. I still can't believe you ordered 500 more bulbs, even if a lot of them are small. I hope you get them by SaT anyway. Please post when they arrive, as I'm sure others will be watching for the mailman or mail-lady too.

Sue

• blameitontherain
    13 years ago

Thanks for the post! I was hoping to see a sale on the Colorblends site, but "settled" for VE's today. 1350 bulbs are a-comin' my way! Only one I really, really wanted that was sold out was Thalia.

Limbering up my digging muscles now,

Rain

13 years ago

I got the shipping confirmation this afternoon: it says delivery next Tuesday. Which is later than I would have liked, but I must be further away (Chicago area)than those posting above.

• lila888
    13 years ago

I did not get any email from VE about my order nor a shipping confirmation from UPS. I placed my order midnight of Nov. 3rd. I called them up last Thursday and the person I talked to said it is ready to ship and will get shipping confirmation from UPS later that day. Up until now, I did not receive anything. I am in the Chicago area also.

• dhaven
    13 years ago

Van Engelen is currently shipping within 48 hours, and then it's up to UPS Ground to get the bulbs to you--it can take anywhere from 1 day to a week, depending on where you live. John Scheepers is not having a close out sale at the moment, nor are they likely to--they will sell their remaining stock through VE. Amaryllis and paperwhites are not on sale. Things are selling out very quickly, so if you plan to order, don't wait, or the bulbs you want may be gone. I ordered within hours of the sale being announced, and still missed out on several things I wanted.

I've dealt with VE since the early 1980s, and have never gotten a bad bulb from them--everything has been labeled true to variety and the size is as advertised or larger--they send absolutely top quality bulbs. I highly recommend this company, and also John Scheepers if you want smaller quantities. However, I get a great deal of enjoyment out of giving bulbs to all my gardening friends as early Christmas gifts, so rarely have a problem ordering the larger quantities except on very new, very expensive items. This year I put in an early order for 300 bulbs because there were things I knew would sell out quickly, and I have a nice new area of about 90 x 115 feet to plant. Then when the sale started I ordered another 500 bulbs, and if I get that all in the ground in the next week, I may even do a third order. What can I say, I'm a daffodil maniac! I also love many of the smaller bulbs, especially the ones that naturalize.

• Brian
    13 years ago

I ordered 300 bulbs on Wednesday and just received my shipping confirmation yesterday. I should have it in by Thursday and I live way in California. I can't wait to see how everything looks like!

13 years ago

lila: what did you get? Any lilies? I ordered both Landini and Purple Prince. Couldn't make up my mind between them, so ordered both! Among other things...TOO many other things! I met you at the lily Society spring sale. Did you go to the fall one?

• lila888
    13 years ago

linnea, I ordered DotCom lily, Scilla siberica SP, Dasystemon and Persian Pearl Species tulips. I also got tulips for my coworker. Purple Prince and Landini are both very nice. You won't be disappointed. I did not go to the WILS fall bulb sale. My family and I were on vacation that weekend. What did you get from VE and WILS sale ?
    {{gwi:31902}}
    Purple Prince at the back, Landini in the front. I will be moving the Landinis and pair them with Centerfolds if I don't run out of time before the ground freezes.

13 years ago

I got at VE:

TULIP LITTLE BEAUTY
    LILY PURPLE PRINCE /ORIENPET
    CHIONODOXA SARDENSIS
    CROCUS VERNUS TWILIGHT
    SCILLA SIBERICA SPRING BEAUTY
    NARCISSUS SUNDISC
    LILY LANDINI /ASIATIC

At the WILS sale, I got:

Lennox â¦â¦(3) Asiatic pure white 2-3 feet
    Quintessenceâ¦. Orienpetâ¦cream with rose-gold throatâ¦
    Lovely Girl â¦â¦. oriental white with yellow streaks and pink dotsâ¦
    Dizzy â¦â¦â¦â¦...oriental white with raspberry stripe and darker dots
    Rio Negro â¦â¦â¦oriental

I got Centerfold cheaply at a big box store, but it never showed. It was in a vulnerable location, it could be that the bunnies just chopped it as soon as it emerged. I will buy it again, elsewhere. There are a couple of similar-looking ones. I had that color combo in mind for Landini too. Since I will have 5 Landini to plant, I will put some next to Cappuccino, and some in my shocking colors âÂÂpurple and orangeâ bed, to go with a bright acid yellow asiatic. The dots on Cappuchino are really purple, not brown, so they should look good together.

• lila888
    13 years ago

Linnea, your VE order are all very nice varieties and so are the lilies from WILS. Landini and Cappuccino will work real good. I have Landini and Latvia combo and they look good together. I got my Centerfold from VE a couple of years ago and love its maroon brushmarks.

I got my order from VE yesterday without shipping confirmation. I was surprised to see the box in my porch before leaving for work.